Monday, February 15, 2010

The Narcissistic Self-obsession


The last thing i wanted to do is to make a blog and post this article here. So why did i do it???.....i did it because everybody is doing it these days. That’s the way i am. I try my best to mesh in with the crowd (though it’s quite difficult owing to my large size;)), and as soon as i accomplish it, i feel the urgency of getting people to notice me and appreciate me for my endeavour.
People have this “very moody cry-baby” kind of image about me. I guess they are right. I’m somebody who is rarely satisfied. I want my life to be perfect....though it is far from it....but the bright side is that i get to share it with a very unusual set of people i call “my friends”.
In spite of being born and brought up in a very traditional Bengali family, i’m far from what you can describe as a calm, composed Bengali Lady. A tomboy since childhood, i’m more comfortable around guys, which always makes me “the friend”, never “the girl”.
I’m overtly dramatic. My life, my surroundings, for me, is like a high definition 3-D screen with the people being the characters who i love to analyze. I love to have the power of knowing what a person is thinking or feeling at a given point of time. Usually people open up to me....but those who don’t, stand a challenge for me. My sole inspiration are these challenges that i need to win. I constantly live for others and i prefer living up to their expectations....that is why, maybe, defeat is very difficult for me to accept.
I have always been my family’s “li’l princess” and a pretty popular girl at school (in a very rebellious way, though). I’m very used to the affection and attention i usually get-the fact which is in no way making my college life easy. For the first time i’m away from all things bright and beautiful to a world where i get to start from scratch, and this time, on my own. Till a few days back i thought i was doing a pretty good job of it...but well, as i said, my life is never perfect....i’m back to square 1.
This was enough of an introduction, i guess, but i would not ask you to expect anything better from this blog ....the Narcissistic self-obsession of mine is difficult to wear off ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment